Our associate editor crafted this crazy cute piece of art to go in her recently renovated kitchen. (You can see the whole amazing transformation in our summer issue!) Make your own version, using funky flatware and colors to coordinate with your space.
1. Remove the glass from an 8×10 frame, and set aside. Cut an 8×10 piece of chip or mat board as a background for your design.
2. Cut another piece of chip board slightly smaller than the first. Wrap it with a patterned scrap of fabric, securing with hot glue.
3. Attach the fabric-wrapped piece to the center of the background piece with hot glue.
4. Arrange your flatware on the fabric backing, and attach it with hot glue.
5. Print or write a cute saying on a piece of card stock. (Ours says, “So Happy Together.”) Cut it out with decorative-edge scissors, and attach it to the art piece.
6. Secure the whole assembly in the frame, and hang.