1. Fold a large cloth napkin in half, and iron it to create a crease. Unfold the napkin, and lay it flat.
2. On the right side of the napkin, arrange pockets, made from napkins in a coordinating color. Pin, and stitch them into place, making sure to fold under any raw edges.
3. Cut a strip of your pocket napkin, and finish off the edges. Center it near the top of the organizer. Secure one end with squares of Velcro sewn to the end of the strip and to the base napkin. Pin and stitch down the other end of the strip. You can unhook the Velcro end and slide rings, broaches, or barrettes onto the strip while you travel.
4. Fold the left side of the napkin under the right to cover the stitching on the back. Stitch the napkin closed.
5. Attach one end of a yard of cording to each of the upper two corners of the organizer. Use this cord to hang your organizer or to secure it closed when it is rolled for travel.
Pick up a copy of our summer issue for more nifty ideas with napkins!